Original Tamil Recipe from Sri Lanka
This dish is an traditional curry recipe from Sri Lanka.
It tastes mild and is, with the addition of curcuma an extremely healthy side dish to rice.
Peel Moringa Drumsticks, cut into 10 cm long pieces and halve.
Cook the onions in 2 tbsp sesame oil (alternatively vegetable oil) until they are golden brown.
Add the eggplant.
Add Moringa drumsticks and boil with 400 ml of water for 10-15 min.
Add 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of curcuma.
Add 60 ml of coconut milk. Boil briefly.
Serve with rice. Good Appetite!
Moringa Drumsticks Curry (vegan)
- 4 drumsticks, ca. 350 g
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, roughly cut
- 1 medium-sized Zwiebel, small cut
- 1 green chili peppers (optional)
- 1 tsp curcuma
- 1 tsp salt
- 60 ml coconut milk
- 400 ml water
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (alternatively vegetable oil)
- Wash and peel the Moringa drumsticks, then cut into 10 cm pieces and halve.
- Put 2 tbsp of sesame oil in a cooking pot and heat at medium heat.
- Add onion and lightly fry.
- Add the eggplant pieces and drumsticks to the pot and add 400 ml of water.
- Add 1 tsp of salt, cover over and boil on low heat for 10-15 min.
- Remove the lid and add 60 ml of coconut milk.
- Add a layered tsp of curcuma, boil briefly and done.
When consumed, the peel of the drumsticks are is not eaten. The drumsticks are best eaten by hand.
You eat the soft pulp and put the peel aside. Finally, one can chew on the peel again to take the vitamins From it.
Enjoy your meal!